Testing your DipJar:
- Test your DipJar as soon as you receive it so you're familiar with it before collecting funds.
- Plug in your DipJar in an area that you know to have good cell reception. If you have the opportunity, test the DipJar in the location which you plan to use it.
- Once the DipJar boots up and displays the dollar amount, use the provided test card to do a test dip.
- Verify that the test dip is showing up on your Dashboard
Set it and forget it — everyday use:
- Place the DipJar in a high-traffic area with good cell reception
- If available, place the DipJar near a cashier or receptionist who is familiar with how the DipJar works
- Have a clear call to action message that can be displayed with the magnetic sign holder, that encourages people to dip
- Try different dollar amounts. You'll be surprised what people are willing to donate to your cause.
- Whenever possible, test your DipJar in the location which you plan to use it.
- If there are no wall outlets, make sure you've purchase the necessary external battery and cables for using DipJar on the go. Visit this article for details.
- When collecting large dollar amounts we recommend that you verify that the latest dips went through on your Dashboard, before unplugging the DipJar. For security reasons, we do not store any card information on the device. Once the the DipJar is unplugged, any data in the process of being transmitted will be lost.
If your DipJar is stuck on "X" or "HELLO", please visit this troubleshooting article.